The number eleven is one of the most mysterious numbers in our numerical landscape. Its intriguing mathematical properties and its unexpected appearances in various aspects of our lives, created a desire to learn more about the number, that rhymes with lucky seven. The number 11 is a prime number. A prime number is an important mathematical number that can only be divided by itself or the number 1. The number 11 is the smallest prime number. It is also associated with numerology, symbolism and spirituality. Below are some fun tidbits and facts about the special number that is 11.
- A total eclipse was observed throughout Europe on August 11, 1999 at 11:11am.
- The winter solstice of the last day of the Mayan calendar is 11:11am on 21 December 2012.
-The World Trade Center resembled the number 11.
- New York is the eleventh state of the United States.
- In numerology, number eleven is considered the master number. The reason is this number carries a vibrational frequency of balance. Number eleven signifies invention, refinement, fulfillment, vision and congruence in a person.
-The NASA spacecraft that carried the first man on Moon was Apollo 11. The mission was a success.
-The number 11 is considered lucky in many cultures, symbolizing new beginnings and opportunities. Many cultures perceive 11 as a symbol of auspicious beginnings, as it represents the start of a new cycle in the double digits. Consequently the number 11 is associated with fresh possibilities, personal growth and the manifestation of desires.
- In astrology, the number eleven is considered a magical number that strikes a balance of emotion, thoughts and spirits.
- The most Oscar Awards for any movie is eleven. This feat was achieved by Ben-Hur (1959). Titanic (1997) and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
- Jupiter takes 11.86 Earth years for one revolution around the Sun.
- The number 11 is the atomic number of the element sodium (Na) on the periodic table. The atomic number represents the number of protons found in the nucleus of an atom. Sodium, with he atomic number 11, has protons to its nucleus. It is a highly reactive metal and is commonly found in compounds such as table salt. Sodium plays a crucial role in various biological processes and is essential for the proper functioning of cells and nerves in living organisms.
'On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Elvis an 'eleven'. .....Sammy Davis Jr.